Call for Family Physician of the Year
Do you know a family physician who embodies the principles of the family physician of excellence? If so, the Selection Committee for the Family Physician of the Year Award has issued a call for nominees for this award for 2015.
Please consider family physicians you know who would represent New Jersey as the "best of the best." The physician selected will be recognized in the public relations efforts of the NJAFP, and will be forwarded as the New Jersey nominee for the prestigious AAFP Family Physician of the Year Award.
Patients, the public, and physicians are invited to submit nominations no later than April 30, 2015. Click here to complete the nomination form.
Guidelines for Selection:
- Provides his/her community with compassionate, comprehensive and caring medical service on a continuing basis
- Is directly and effectively involved in community affairs and activities that enhance the quality of life in his/her home area
- Provides a credible role model, emulating the family physician as a healer and human begin to his/her community, and as a professional in the service and art of medicine to colleagues, other health professionals, and especially to young physicians in training and to medical students.
To Nominate a Physician:
Specific to New Jersey:
- Has been in Family Medicine in NJ at least ten consecutive years.
- Must be Board Certified in Family Medicine
- Must be a member in good standing in his/her community.
Members wishing to place a candidate in nomination should submit the following materials to: NJAFP Selection Committee, 224 West State St. Trenton, NJ 08608
1. Name, address and phone numbers of the nominee.
2. Name, address and phone numbers of the nominating individual.
3. Letter of nomination (no more than two pages).
4. A current CV
5. Three letters of support (two from colleagues, one from person in his/her community).
6. Other supportive material as appropriate (not over 15 pages).
If you have questions, please contact Candida Taylor at Candida@NJAFP.org.
NOMINATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN APRIL 30, 2015.