Welcome to the New Jersey Academy of Family Physicians Web Site. The NJAFP has been advancing the cause of family physicians and their patients for over 50 years. With nearly 2000 members, including active practicing family physicians, residents in family medicine, and medical students interested in the specialty, the NJAFP is the largest primary care medical society in the state and a chapter of the American Academy of Family Physicians.
Our mission is to promote excellence in the standards and practice of Family Medicine to benefit the citizens of the state of New Jersey. To promote these high standards New Jersey Academy of Family Physicians:
- Promotes the importance of the patient/physician relationship
- Assists men and women entering the practice of medicine
- Promotes and supports continuing medical education
- Enhances the image of Family Medicine in the state of New Jersey
- Promotes Family Medicine objectives before various legislative bodies
- Promotes and increases interest in the practice of Family Medicine with Students
Membership in the NJAFP guarantees career-long resources and support that will keep Family Physicians on the cutting edge of patient care. If you are already a NJAFP member, click on "Members Only" to access the resources that have been designed exclusively for you.