WE ARE FAMILY MEDICINE
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS - 2018 NJ Family Physician of the Year
Nominations are open until April 30 for New Jersey Family Physician of the Year.
The NJAFP Family Physician of the Year Award will be presented at the President's Gala, Saturday, June 16. at Caesars Atlantic City Hotel. The recipient of this award is also presented for consideration for the AAFP Family Physician of the Year Award.
To submit a nomination, please contact the NJAFP office at (609) 394-1711 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to read more about the NJAFP Family Physician of the Year Award.
New Influenza Webcast Available
Peak flu season is here. The AAFP’s free webcast, offered in three parts, on increasing influenza vaccinations rates is now available.
Curious how your practice can boost influenza immunization uptake in your patient population?
Watch the AAFP’s free webcast on increasing influenza vaccinations rates for your patients, including evidence-based strategies in primary care for reducing barriers to immunization. Moderated by family physician Thomas Koinis, M.D., this free webcast offers a review of primary updates to current influenza guidance and recommendations.
In addition, participants will be better able to:
- Establish consistent team-based messaging about the vaccine.
- Understand how to bill and code for vaccinations.
- Identify and address knowledge gaps in vaccine choices for all age groups.
- Dispel existing myths and misconceptions surrounding the influenza vaccine.
While supplies last, participants will also receive a free Influenza Vaccinations Billing and Coding card.
Watch the webcast now. Supported through a grant from Sanofi Pasteur.
News and Important Updates
The State has created a webpage with all the information you need on the new opioid prescribing laws, as well as links to key resources including a sample one-page pain management agreement and FAQs on the law.
PATIENT EDUCATION VIDEOS FOR YOUR PRACTICE!
Sponsored through a grant from the NJ Department of Health, NJAFP has created a series of patient education videos designed to dispell the myths surrounding vaccines. These short videos are free to download and use in your waiting room or exam room. You may also request a DVD if your office does not have an Internet-enabled TV.
To access the videos, please click here.
IMPROVEMENTS ANNOUNCED TO THE PMP
- NJPMP’s Interstate Data Sharing now covers 12 states, including PA and NY.
- Expands patient history searches to two years of patient’s prescription records.
- Automatically converts dosages of commonly-prescribed opioids of differing potency, such as codeine, fentanyl, and oxycodone, into a standard value known as “morphine milligram equivalents” (MME).
FREE DSME/DPP Referral Program!
Enroll in this FREE 3-month program to learn how to implement DSME/DPP referrals into your practice workflow and patient care plans!
NJAFP will provide your practice with a free how-to guide designed to educate the care team about the value of DSME and DPP for patients diagnosed with T2DM or prediabetes, and offer guidelines for implementing referrals in your practice workflow and patient care plans. Participating practices will receive:
- Education and training on the DSME/DPP How-To Guide
- Free practice coaching and EHR technical assistance to help you successfully incorporate the DSME/DPP How-To Guide recommendations into your practice workflow and patient care plans
- Analysis of practice process and patient satisfaction measures
Space is limited–enroll today!
Has your practice been accepted into the CPC+ program and you don't know where to start? NJAFP experts have served over 60 CPC practices for the past four years and are here to help you succeed with CPC+!
For more than seven years, NJAFP has provided practice transformation and patient-centered medical home consultation services to more than 1,500 physicians in approximately 1,000 locations across five states, helping align primary care practices to best serve patient needs.