Learn how to implement DSME/DPP referrals into your practice workflow and patient care plans!
NJAFP is working with the New Jersey Department of Health to promote the use of Diabetes Prevention Programs (DPP) and Diabetes Self-Management Education (DSME). Evidence shows that DSME can lower A1c by teaching patients how to better manage food, exercise and medications (ADA, 2015).
NJAFP will provide your practice with a free how-to guide designed to educate the care team about the value of DSME and DPP for patients diagnosed with T2DM or pre-diabetes, and offer guidelines for implementing referrals in your practice workflow and patient care plans.
Participating practices will receive:
- Education and training on the contents of the DSME/DPP How-To Guide
- Free practice coaching and EHR technical assistance to help you successfully incorporate the DSME/DPP How-To Guide recommendations into your practice workflow and patient care plans
- Analysis of practice process and patient satisfaction measures
Space is limited–enroll today!
Find your local DPP, DSME and DSMP programs by clicking the map!
When to refer patients:
- With a new diagnosis of type 2 diabetes.
- Annually for health maintenance and preventing complications.
- When new complicating factors influence self-management.
- When transitions in care occur.
DSME Webinars for Practice Teams
Recording links for our free informational webinars are listed below – please share with your team!
Using PDSA Cycles to Implement DSME (4/12/17)
Recording: https://njafp.webex.com/njafp/ldr.php?RCID=446c0350bc931cde57072e3f833a9090 (29 min)
Communicating A1c Targets (4/25/17)
Recording: https://njafp.webex.com/njafp/ldr.php?RCID=fbaaaec9ecf5d68311609dd718ab13a8 (36 min)
Older Adults with T2DM and Patient Education (5/10/17)
Recording: https://njafp.webex.com/njafp/ldr.php?RCID=9d2ad3dedebd3b401b3bf4592f81c6d1 (29 min)
Obese Patients with T2DM and Patient Education (5/23/17)
Recording: https://njafp.webex.com/njafp/ldr.php?RCID=a6db6930f5eaf24b0388bd840cff5313 (38 min)
For more information about DPP, DSME and DSMP programs, contact us at HTT@njafp.org