The New Jersey Family Physician of the Year embodies the principles of excellence, combined with comprehensive and compassionate care, for which family physicians are known.
To be considered for the Family Physician of the Year Award, a nominee should demonstrate that they:
- Provide their patients with compassionate, comprehensive, and caring family medicine on a continuing basis
- Enhance the quality of their community by being directly and effectively involved in community affairs and activities
- Act as a credible role model professionally and personally in their community, to other health professionals, and residents and medical students.
- Stand out among their colleagues
The recipient of the NJAFP Family Physician of the Year Award is also presented for consideration for the AAFP Family Physician of the Year Award.
- Documents required for submission:
- Name, address and contact information for the family physician being nominated
- Nominee’s Curriculum Vitae
- Nominee’s headshot
- Letter of Nomination from the primary nominating individual
- Two letters of support for the nominee from professional colleagues
- At least one letter of support from a community member describing the physician’s impact in that community
- Any articles written about the nominee’s accomplishments in the last year (printed and/or digital)
To submit a nomination, please contact the NJAFP office at (609)394-1711 or email Candida@njafp.org
Submission deadline for the 2018 Family Physician of the Year Award is April 30, 2018.