Jump to navigation
- March 18, 2018 – NJAFP President Dr. Peter Carrazzone was interviewed by NJ101.5 about stem-cell therapy for sports/workplace injuries and what patient should know.
- March 19, 2018 – NJAFP President Dr. Peter Carrazzone was featured in NJBiz article, Doctors welcome competition from hospital systems
- February 11, 2018 - NJAFP President Peter Carrazzone, MD, talked to NJ101.5 about the dangers of mixing opioid prescriptions and anxiety medications.
- February 5, 2018 - NJAFP President Dr. Peter Carrazzone was quoted in an NJBiz article titled Doctors' dilemma: How to keep opioid drugs from fostering addiction.
- December 18, 2017 – NJAFP President Dr. Peter Carrazzone wrote an opinion piece in response to Better Choices, Better Care NJ’s “Moving New Jersey to Affordable, Quality Health Care” report. The article, Report misses big picture on need for regular PCPs, ran in NJBiz’s print edition.
- September 26, 2017 – NJAFP President Dr. Peter Carrazzone spoke to NJ101.5 about the problems that result from low numbers of family physicians in New Jersey.
- September 15, 2017 – Arnold Pallay, MD, was featured on NJ.com and TAPinto Montville as the recipient of NJAFP's 2017 Lifetime Achievement Award.
- September 15, 2017 – Maria F. Ciminelli, MD, NJAFP Vice President, talked to the Asbury Park Press about the small number of residents graduating from New Jersey programs last year who became primary care doctors.
- August 16, 2017 – NJAFP President Peter Carrazzone, MD, talked to NJ101.5 about improvements needed for the state's Prescription Drug Monitoring program.
- August 14, 2017 – NJAFP President Peter Carrazzone, MD, authored an opinion piece on the New Jersey Prescription Monitoring Program for The Star Ledger.
- July 2017 – Success Story: NJAFP Coach Joshua Marx Helps GPTN Practice Excel in High Blood Pressure KPI.
- July 5, 2017 – Peter Carrazzone, MD, was featured in St. George's University Alumni News and Wayne Patch as being elected President of NJAFP.
- July 4, 2017 – Thomas P. McCarrick, MD, was featured in TAPinto Millburn and Millburn-Short Hills Patch as recipient of NJAFP’s 2017 Family Physician of the Year Award.
- July 3, 2017 – News of NJAFP's case-based discussions about improving vaccination rates among teenagers at its Annual Scientific Assembly is included in MyCentralJersey.com.
- March 8, 2017 – Peter Carrazzone, MD, president-elect, talked to NJ101.5 about viruses that cause fatigue.
- February 7, 2017 – Ray Saputelli, executive vice president, provided comment to Modern Healthcare about the New Jersey state law that requires opioid prescribers to warn parents of minors about risk of addiction.
- September 19, 2016 – Ray Saputelli, executive vice president, provided comment to NJBiz in response to a TD Bank survey on the financial pressures faced by physicians.
- September 16, 2016 – NJAFP members Robert Gorman, MD, Mary Campagnolo, MD, and Jeffrey Rosenberg, MD, spoke to Inside Jersey about the fastest growing field in medicine and the team approach to primary care.
- September 9, 2016 – Thomas Shaffrey, MD, recipient of the President’s Award, was featured on MyCentralJersey.com.
- September 8, 2016 – Lauren Carruth, MD, was included in stories by NJ101.5 and NJSpotlight.com after testifying in front of the Senate Health and Human Services committee about the impact soaring costs of EpiPens will have on patients’ access.
- August 4, 2016 – Thomas Shaffrey,MD, recipient of the President’s Award, was featured in Bridgewater Patch and Watchug Patch.
- August 3, 2016 – Adity Bhattacharyya, MD, was featured on NJBiz.com as being named President of the Board of Trustees of NJAFP.
- August 3, 2016 – Robert Eidus, MD, was featured in Cranford Patch as recipient of NJAFP’s 2016 Chair Award.
- August 3, 2016 – News of Assemblyman Herb Conaway receiving NJAFP’s Edward A. Schauer, MD, Public Policy Award was included on Cinnaminson Patch.
- July 28, 2016 – Zeeshan Khan, M.D. was featured in the TAP into Milltown/Spotswood and East Brunswick Patch in recognition of being named NJAFP’s 2016 Michael J. Doyle, MD, FAAFP, New Jersey Family Medicine Resident of the Year.
- March 14, 2016 – Past NJAFP President Thomas R. Ortiz, MD, was interviewed by WNYC about the lack of influx of patients in primary care offices following Medicaid’s expansion in New Jersey.
- December 16, 2015 – NJ.com and DelawareBusinessNow.com covered NJAFP selected to provide practice transformation services in Delaware.
- December 2, 2015 – The hiring of Angie Halaja-Henriques, Suzanne Hockenberry and Kris Samara was included in NJBiz and NJ.com.
- November 25, 2015 – Theresa Barrett, PhD, was featured on NJ.com for publishing a chapter in a medical textbook.
- November 1, 2015 – Sandra Selzer’s appointment as vice president of healthcare transformation was included in Philadelphia Inquirer’s People in the News.
- October 1, 2015 – NJAFP President Robert Gorman, MD, was interviewed by Politico New Jersey on the concerns family physicians have about ICD-10 and the potential impacts on patients.
- August 20, 2015 – Joseph W. Schauer III, MD, was featured in the News Transcript as recipient of NJAFP’s Chair Award.
- July 31, 2015 – Adity Bhattacharyya, MD, spoke to NJ.com on potential reasons why New Jersey has one of the six lowest rates for vaccination against the human papilloma virus.
- July 20, 2015 – Joan N. Medina, MD was featured in the News Transcript, Examiner, Freehold Patch and other local Patch.com sites in recognition of being named NJAFP’s Resident of the Year.
- July 14, 2015 – Martha Lansing, MD, was featured on MyCentralJersey.com and local Patch.com websites as the 2015 Family Physician of the Year.
- July 10, 2015 – Claudine Leone, director of policy and advocacy was featured on Moorestown Patch and other local Patch websites for receiving this year’s President’s Award.
- July 8, 2015 – Robert Gorman, MD, spoke with Kelly Waldron of NJ101.5 about results of study on healthcare providers working while sick.
- July 7, 2015 – Robert Gorman,MD, was featured on MyCentralJersey.com and MyVeronaNJ.com as being named President of the Board of Trustees of NJAFP.
- May 28, 2015 – Robert Gorman, MD, spoke to Tim Darragh from the Star Ledger about doctor-patient relationships, in light of the Lassa Fever case in North Jersey where a patient may not have disclosed that he had been traveling in a Lassa Fever hot zone.
- May 22, 2015 – NJAFP provided a statement to NJBiz about concerns relating to the proposed out-of-network healthcare bill.
- May 14, 2015 – Claudine Leone, director of policy and advocacy for NJAFP, shared comments with NJBiz on the out-of-network reform bill introduced by state legislators.