Pre-Participation Sports Exam For General & Special Needs Population (2019)
This course provides an overview of the requirements to conduct a pre-participation physical for young athletes, specifically those participating in Special Olympics.
Family Physicians in New Jersey
- Detect conditions that may limit participation
- Detect conditions that may lead to injury
- Meet legal and insurance requirements
- Assess athlete’s general health
- Counsel athlete on health-related issues
- Assess growth & development
- Assess fitness level & performance
Dr. Jeff Zlotnick (author) has no relevant financial conflicts of interest related to this activity.
AAFP Accreditation Statement
This Enduring Material activity, Pre-Participation Sports Examination , has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 1.00 Prescribed credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians. AAFP certification begins 09/01/2019. Term of approval is for one year from this date. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AAFP Prescribed
- 1.00 Attendance